If a Microsoft 365 user is deleted, first re-create the user in Microsoft. The same email address can be used as the original user, but Microsoft will assign the user a new user ID.
Then using the Restore Wizard in Keepit you can import data back to the user from an appropriate snapshot.
Note: It is not possible to use the restore feature because Keepit can only restore user data in place if the IDs are the same (i.e., if the original user still exists).
To import a user's Exchange data data:
1. Find the connector you want to import data to and open the import wizard by selecting the Restore icon.
2. Select Import, select the connector from which you want to import data, and then select Next.
3. Select a snapshot from the time you want to restore and select Next.
4. Select Exchange, and then select Next.
5. Select Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and In-Place Archive to bring back all of the user's data, and then close the data types section by selecting the down arrow.
6. On the left under Target connector (the connector you are importing data to), find the newly created user you want to import data to. To the left of that user, in the drop-down list find and select the original user.
7. Select Next.
8. Select how to handle duplicates and select Next.
Note: The In-place method will automatically be selected. Imported data is always brought back to Microsoft to the location corresponding to the data type.
Since you are bringing back data to a newly created user, there will be no duplicates - so you can select either of the available options -
- Skip duplicate items:
- Rename duplicate items:
9. Review the summary and select Import.
Once you have imported Exchange data, you will want to do the same for the user's OneDrive data.
Repeat the same steps as above.