If you want to restore large amounts of Exchange data or more than one user at a time, use the Restore Wizard.
If you want to restore one Exchange data item, use the Item Restore.
To restore Exchange data:
1. To open the Restore Wizard, to the right of your connector select the Restore icon.
2. Select Restore, and then select Next.
3. Select a snapshot from the time you want to restore, and then select Next.
4. Select Exchange, and then Next.
5. Select users you want to restore and what data areas you want to restore, and/or select public folders to restore, then select Next.
Note: If you select users, you must also select at least one data type to restore. If you select users and public folders, but no data types, only the public folders will be restored.
6. Select a restore method.
- If you select To new folder, then select Next.
Note: This is available only for Mail, Calendar, and In-Place Archive. Keepit will create a new folder where all the data will be restored to.
- If you select In-place, select how to handle duplicate items, and then select Next.
You have two options:
Skip duplicate items: Modified items (same item but with different timestamps) will be skipped.
Rename duplicate items: Modified items (same item but with different timestamps) will be added to Exchange. These items will not be renamed because they have their own unique IDs and receive new IDs each time they are restored.
7. Review the summary, and then select Restore.
Important: Items present in Exchange but not in the snapshot will be deleted.